Tuesday, June 14, 2005

please stop peeing in the house

Lucky has now been a part of our lives for 12 days.

At first I thought she was perfectly house trained, of course that was before her leg was fixed and before she was comfortable here, while she was still very sleepy and probably in pain, but I kept thinking "What a good dog!" then she peed on the rug one night after we went to bed and it soaked through the rug to the hardwood floor and sat there all night, bowing the narrow floor boards. Then I realized I forgot to let her out before bed. My fault. The second time was in the same spot, only I caught that one right away. The third time was in the kitchen and I caught that one too. The fourth time was in the sunroom while she was home alone, which ruined two of the grass floor squares, luckily I had more. The fifth time was in the dining room while I was in the basement I think she tried to tell me about that one but I misread her signs and the sixth time was today in a different part of the dining room while we were out to lunch. (If anyone affiliated with the company that makes Nature's Miracle is reading this, "Thank You" This product is amazing and a life saver.)

Did I mention we are trying to sell our house?

So I bought a baby gate today. She already sleeps and hangs out in her room, which is the tiled entryway, only now she won't be able to get out when we can't watch her. I really hope she doesn't try to get out and accidentally hurt her leg. I'm sure I am being a weenie about it, she has 6 pins and they are all the way through the bones at contrary angles and she's still pretty timid when it comes to trying new things. Anyway, she's giving it a test run right now while we're here in the room watching tv and after a brief "What is this?" moment she is now happily snoozing. Wish me luck.

No comments: